Signs and Symptoms When to Call
We can always see you for a problem. Patients with true emergencies can be seen at all hours of the day, whether in the Emergency Room at Missouri Baptist Hospital or in our office during business hours. Less emergent problems will also be evaluated as quickly as possible, usually here in the office. You may reach our office during business hours for less emergent problems; and you may reach our office or the doctor on call 24 hours per day, seven days a week, by calling our office number at 314 432-3669. If you are not called back within 30 minutes, please repeat the call as the physician may be attending another delivery.
Please call us if/when you have any of the following symptoms:
- Leaking fluid from the vagina
- Vaginal bleeding-heavier than a normal period
- Swelling of the face or excessive swelling of the extremities
- Blurring of the vision or other visual changes
- Severe or continuous headache
- Chest pain
- Abdominal pain
- Persistent vomiting
- Fever over 101
- Painful Urination
- Unexplained rash
- Decreased or no fetal movement after 24 weeks of pregnancy
- Uterine contractions-more than 6 every hour before 35 weeks that do not improve with rest and fluids
Please note that it is not necessary to contact our office if you feel you have lost your mucus plug.
If you cannot reach us after hours (ie our phones are down), you may dial Missouri Baptist Hospital Labor and Delivery directly at 314 996-7514. If for some reason you are unable to reach anyone by phone and you feel you are in labor, please go directly to Missouri Baptist. The on-call doctor will be contacted by other means upon your arrival there.